Dear RSU57 Community,
In the past week, members of District leadership have attended a couple of briefings with Maine Centers for Disease Control and Maine Department of Education. We wanted to share with you some of the key messages we have heard in those meetings. The COVID-19 recommendations and mandates are ever-evolving. All of this is shared as always with the understanding that it is subject to change.
Please understand that we are not in a position at this time to entertain questions about what these recommendations mean for our schools. We are awaiting written guidance from the relevant State agencies and the opportunity to vet our options with our School Board. We expect to have the information we need to bring this to our School Board at our next regularly scheduled meeting on August 11th, which will be open to the public (with a zoom link to be posted on the District website).
The key points:
- An expectation that all kids are in classrooms - no expectations of hybrid or remote learning
- Masking is mandated (Federal) School transportation
- Masking is recommended in School facilities
- Pool testing for everyone (no matter vaccination status) is highly recommended by State agencies
- Districts are mandated (State) to submit staff member vaccination status (similar to health care facilities)
We look forward to continuing to update you as events evolve.